SecuRom investigation

Martin Owen doctormo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 20:34:24 CDT 2006

 Hello all,

I have been investigating getting rid of a terminal anoyancy for wine game
users, SecuRom security. I don't believe it is good enough to crack the
games as this makes us out to look like criminals rather than trying to get
legitimate games to work.

I have sent a query to sony, asking if they will help with providing
information, but I'm not hopeful of a positive response.

I found an interesting tool here:
http://www.gameburnworld.com/securompatches.htm

which if we could get our hands on the source code would at least give us
more information about how this security works and may even allow us to work
around it perminently with in wine.

Best Regards, Martin Owens