wine-1.0 goal: fix all reported msi and ole bugs?

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+d41d at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 21:26:02 CDT 2006

On 6/24/06, Ivan Leo Puoti <ivanleo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you implying 1.0 should be released with any known bugs at all? I thought only M$ did that sort
> of stuff.
I've never heard of any open source project waiting for all known bugs
to be closed before going out of beta. There's always something more
to be improved or fixed. 1.0 doesn't mean "perfect"; as I understand
it, it means "good enough for normal people to use". That means not
having lots of regressions all the time, and not needing extensive
configuration before it will run anything properly.

But then I'm not really a developer.

--
Vincent Povirk