SecuRom investigation

n0dalus n0dalus+wine at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 17:14:15 CDT 2006

On 6/25/06, Martin Owen <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

>  which if we could get our hands on the source code would at least give us
> more information about how this security works and may even allow us to work
> around it perminently with in wine.

One easy way of improving compatibility with copy protections without
any source code is to make all drives visible to wine applications
appear to be SCSI. The main copy protections don't "work" on SCSI
drives so the games are allowed to run unchecked. I'm not sure how
hard this would be to setup in wine at the moment though.

n0dalus.