Wine, Darwine, CodeWeavers-- Intel MacOS X

William Knop william.knop at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 18:38:26 CDT 2006

Hello all,
What's the story with wine on intel os x? It's barely mentioned in
the wine wiki and on the darwine website (not at all on winehq). I'm
under the impression darwine is concentrating on running wine on ppc/
darwin. I know codeweavers is working specifically on making wine on
intel/darwin happen, however there is no status page anywhere.

Just from keeping up with the mailing list, I've gleaned that Quartz
and Core Audio are being worked on, in addition to a stack alignment
patch. They seem to be pretty far along, but I don't really know. Are
there any other intel/darwin areas that require attention or are
being worked on?

I'd like to add this info to the wine wiki. It seems odd that intel
os x is sort of not officially recognized by wine, what with there
being no mention of it on the download page, to do lists, or
bugzilla... I know there're some politics involved, but it really
should have more attention. Its existence is practically not even
recognized by wine. At the least, that's turning away potential wine
developers, and the thing is, the mac community could be all about
wine with a little effort.

Thanks,
Will