Wine, Darwine, CodeWeavers-- Intel MacOS X

William Knop william.knop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 08:49:07 CDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> At this point, many simple apps should probably work OK. The main
> problems areas that need work are exception handling (mainly because
> of kernel bugs) and the debugger support that essentially doesn't work
> at all. You'll also need to disable optimizations when building
> because of the gcc stack-realign bug (we need to come up with a
> configure check for it), and you most likely have to use an x.org X
> server because the Apple one has some serious bugs in rootless mode.

Alright, so this is what I've got so far:

Overall Status: Simple applications should work.

Notes: Make sure to disable gcc optimizations when building since gcc
has a stack realignment bug. Also, Apple's X11 has serious bugs in
rootless mode, so x.org's X11 may be necessary.

Tasks:
 Quartz Driver: works
 Core Audio Driver: works
 16 Byte Stack Alignment: work in progress
 Mach Kernel Workarounds and Exception Handling: needs a lot of work
 Debugger: does not work

Anything to add or correct?

Thanks,
Will