Build on kubuntu 6.06,amd_64 works

Amaury acg1 at
Mon Jun 26 16:34:40 CDT 2006

Sorry if I'm ask a stupid question, but I'm a newbie to Linux, trying to
I've been trying to install wine through the package manager but it said
it was not possible (error message: "Depends: wine-dev  but it is not
installable"). I kind of knew it cos i'm running under Ubuntu 6.06-LTS
for amd 64 and I had read somewhere that wine didn't run on such system.
My investigations led me to your post on

Could you please detail step by step how the installation works cos the
command lines don't make much sense to me