Wine, Darwine, CodeWeavers-- Intel MacOS X

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 15:02:07 CDT 2006

Hi Mike,

On 6/27/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> I think your email was OK, but wine-devel gets a constant stream of Mac
> users/developers telling us how many Mac users want Wine, how they would
> be a big benefit to the project, how Apple-land is a land of milk and
> honey etc ... whereas not many people here are actually Mac users. Telling
> people that's it's super important won't actually speed anything up.

I don't think they are wrong about feeling that the site just seems to
totally ignore OS X. I guess the FreeBSD and Solaris guys feel the
same way reading over recent discussions. Alexandre does not treat
patches from anyone as a second class citizen but the site does seem
to be very Linux centric rather than platform agnostic. Like read the
Myths page. Its all about Linux. I am happy to rewrite some bits of
the site to make it broader in scope.

--
Steven Edwards