Call for volunteer: dwarf2 testing

Paul Romanyszyn pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Thu Jun 29 16:52:53 CDT 2006

Eric Pouech wrote:
> As you may have seen, there's now some support for the dwarf2 debug
> format (instead of stabs) in the Wine tree
> I'd like to get some feedback on the overall feedback on how it behaves.
> To do so, you need to reconfigure Wine with something like
> CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -gdwarf-2" ./configure
> and then make clean; make (so that all modules are recompiled with
> proper format)
>
> Normal debugging should be available with winedbg.
> If something goes wrong, please indicate:
> - console messages
> - error items
> - steps that led to it
> - version of gcc used
>
> TIA

running a 16 bit application from bug Bug 5493
now gives an a continuous list of
fixme:dbghelp_dwarf:dwarf2_compute_location Unhandled attr op: 75
instead of continuous page faulting between on the lookup.
What traces do you need and I will add them to that bug.

That bugs url links to the zip of the exe's with instructions on how to
reproduce.

gcc (GCC) 4.0.1 (4.0.1-5mdk for Mandriva Linux release 2006.0)

Paul R.