Alexandre Julliard : configure: Use --rpath if supported when building binaries to point to

Jan Zerebecki jan.wine at zerebecki.de
Thu Mar 2 02:41:08 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 08:29:38PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Vitaly wrote:
> >Build system in ALT Linux has strict requires to use rpath and last changes in
> >wine conflicts with it.
>
> Can you explain more about ALT Linux's build system and rpath?
>
> Does it disallow all use of rpath by applications?
> - Dan

At least for Debian I think rpath may not be used. But as I understand it, it
may be used if the referenced lib. path is completely private to the package,
even tho that is discouraged.

See the following link and especially the linked mailinglist thread for
explanation:
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#rpath

Jan