configure: add --with-fontfir (try3) with patch!

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Mar 6 02:39:24 CST 2006

"StartCom Ltd." <eddy_nigg at startcom.org> writes:

> I would like to through in my support for Vitaly on this issue (and
> maybe similar ones) which happen to be the source of some discussions
> lately (rpath was one, I think).
>
> More configuration options makes wine to be more easy configured, build
> and adjusted, making it more scalable....Distribution based patches
> should be the last resort - not the first. If a configure option, such
> as in this case can be so easily implemented, it should supported...As
> long as it hard coded during make, than there should be a configuration
> option for this (font path) but also others....

The problem with adding an option for every single thing that someone
might want to change is that you end up with a million of them,
burying the few important options in a mass of useless details.

So for things that are only used to build some special package, it's
perfectly reasonable IMO to ask the packager to pass options to make
instead of configure, since it's all done from a script anyway.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org