May be a bad idea to have Winetools in the next SUSE release

Tom Wickline twickline at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 23:14:02 CST 2006

On 3/9/06, Joachim von Thadden <thadden at web.de> wrote:

> > This leads to many users asking for help in #winehq on freenode.
> > But nobody there wants to support winetools and thus can only
> > suggest them to remove their .wine and redo it without winetools
> > (which usually makes it work).
>
> Yes, this is true. As we are a freetime project we have not the time to
> sit on an IRC channel. But there is always
>
> a) this mailinglist where we sit and listen
> b) the possibility to mail us directly

Hello,

I don't believe you would have to spend all of your free time sitting
on a # winetools IRC channel. The channel could maintained by current
users.. You know, users helping users kinda thing. And if you guys
have some extra time to spend on the channel fine if you don't that
would be fine as well.
  The way it is now WineTools users don't have a mailing list, a IRC
channel or forum to ask questions or any real way to seek help other
than sending you a direct mail. And experienced users don't have any
of these venues to help people.

Just my $.02

Tom