"IE5 or higher required". Grr.

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Mar 11 14:57:24 CST 2006

On 3/11/06, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> Ah ok. I want to apologize then. I'm trying to get reasonable bug reports
> with enough information so any developer can go in and look without
> downloading giga-bytes of stuff to just get something like
> WINEDEBUG=warn+all.

Amen.  I occasionally go on bug triage sprints, to help
winnow out and add detail to the poor bug reports.
(Heck, I even have a web page about it,
http://kegel.com/wine/qa/ )

> In this particular case, I won't be surprised if all that software does
> is checks for one particular file somewhere in system32 directory.

That's exactly right (wish I'd thought to try WINEDEBUG=+file).
touch ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/shdocvw.dll
fixes it (thanks to Tony for the tip).

Now I just have to set up an Oracle database to test against!
- Dan

 It's