wglMakeCurrent

Wino Rojo winorojo at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:00:08 CST 2006

Hi

I'm pretty new to wine, and this is my first post to the wine-devel
list....I hope this is the correct place to send my question

I'm having problems with wglMakeCurrent. I wrote a small OpenGL test
program, but it's not working under wine (it works perfectly on Windows).
When I call wglMakeCurrent, wine outputs this error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  144 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  120

I activated the debug output for opengl, and I can see that the problem is a
mismatch between the default visual ID and my program visual ID. At the top
of the debug output, I see this:
trace:opengl:X11DRV_setup_opengl_visual Visual ID 21 Chosen

and later, when I create my OpenGl context:

trace:opengl:X11DRV_SetPixelFormat  - VISUAL_ID     0x23

Obviously, the problem is that my visual ID doesn't match with the
X-Window's default, but I need to work using my visual (because I need alpha
planes)

Any known workaround or is this a bug on wine's implementation of
wglMakeCurrent?

Thanks

Wino

SmartScreen Technology.