opengl32: make the old code before the "sync the dibsection to its pixmap" patch be selectable at runtime.

Leon Freitag leon_fraitak at
Tue Mar 14 10:18:21 CST 2006

> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 05:44:57PM +0100, Leon Freitag wrote:
> > The patch
> >;a=commit;h=13268261bbe0d4013937a
> >6a9804fbda378244512 has introduced an annoying performance regression
> > which affected all opengl games. (see
> >
> Does this help?
> Huw.
It is indeed a bit faster, however the performance is still far from the old
I don't see any other way to speed this up the way it's being synced now, the
question is however, whether the apps really _should_ modify the bitmap on
windows too (don't know whether they would try to draw controls onto the
window and then it would be overdrawn by the opengl image; application like
Steam are trying to achieve similar, but they seemed to work well before)