Updated DDraw over WineD3D patch

Joseph Garvin k04jg02 at kzoo.edu
Tue Mar 14 19:49:27 CST 2006

So I gave the latest version of Fallout1 a try with the patch,
imageshack link to screenshot below :)

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/311/fallout7xc.png

The game looks and works mostly correctly with only two issues:

1) The mouse lags, even though the game itself seems to be rendering
pretty quickly. There was no mouse lag in the old ddraw implementation.

2) When selecting new game, load game, etc. from the main menu, the menu
used to nicely fade out. This effect was really slow under the old
implementation and was what motivated me to try this patch. Now the
effect doesn't happen at all, it goes black and then immediately to the
next screen. Nice for me but still a regression ;)

3) There's an error on exit. Output from running below. Let me know if
there are any traces that would be useful to you.

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x7fd49868) : stub,
emulating 64Mib for now, returning 64Mib
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x7fd49188)->(0x10024,00000011)
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from
32 to 8
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_CreatePalette
(0x7fd49188)->(44,0x7fb9f6a8,0x539 dec,(nil))
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreatePalette (0x7fd49868)->(44,
0x7fb9f6a8, 0x 7fd979a8, 0x7fd979a0)
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x7fd49188)->((nil),0000000 8)
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DStateBlockImpl_Release Releasing primary stateblock

X Error of failed request:  BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window
parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  70 (X_PolyFillRectangle)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  135

I'm running the 8.23.7 (latest version) of the proprietary fglrx drivers
on a Radeon 9700 Pro (native linux opengl apps like neverball and
tuxracer work great) on the dapper drake (unstable) release of ubuntu.

I tried the patch against current cvs but it won't apply so I tested it
with the CVS time from your site, March 9th 23:40.