opengl32: make the old code before the "sync the dibsection to its pixmap" patch be selectable at runtime.

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at
Wed Mar 15 07:52:19 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 12:21:56AM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:18:21 +0100, Leon Freitag wrote:
> > I don't see any other way to speed this up the way it's being synced now, the
> > question is however, whether the apps really _should_ modify the bitmap on
> > windows too (don't know whether they would try to draw controls onto the
> > window and then it would be overdrawn by the opengl image; application like
> > Steam are trying to achieve similar, but they seemed to work well before)
> Does this very rough&ready patch work any better?

I'm sure it's much faster, problem is it doesn't work.  How do we know
if the app has fiddled with the dib section bits?

Huw Davies
huw at