wglMakeCurrent

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Fri Mar 17 02:35:35 CST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 10:21, Wino Rojo wrote:
> Hi Raphael,
>
> >No it's use the "best visual" who match asked capacities
>
> - is this "best visual"  the same as the one returned by "glxinfo -b" ?

no the best matching caps asked by wine init
(see X11DRV_setup_opengl_visual on x11drv/opengl.c and  x11drv/x11drv_main.c)

> - the capacities asked by who? at this point we haven't call
> ChoosePixelFormat or SetPixelFormat yet

Yes, but wine init need to setup a default visual at startup :(
(and too many times it'll not compatible with future created visuals)

> >No your problem don't seems to be here.
> >can you send you glxinfo output. I presume you don't have glx1.3  support
> >In this case wine don't be able to get a fb config compatible with wine
> >window
> >(one day we'll fix the wine init ...)
>
> This is the output of my glxinfo:
>
> According to this, I do have glx 1.3

Strange ... need to investigate what happened :(

> Thanks,
>
> W.

Regards,
Raphael

> PS. Guys, I'm sorry if I'm asking too many basic questions. I know about
> OpenGL and some X-Window programming, but I'm just learning wine, and I'd
> like to contribute to this amazing project, especially with the OpenGL/3D
> graphics stuff.

No problem, it's always good to see more people working on wine (specially
directX/Opengl) :)

I have no time to improve wine now but i have little time sufficient for
mails :p