Prevent the use of windowsx.h with Wine source.

Jacek Caban jacek at
Sat Mar 18 07:32:17 CST 2006

Robert Shearman wrote:
> Mike McCormack wrote:
>> +#ifdef __WINESRC__
>> +/* This file contains macros that cause warnings on gcc 4.1, so avoid it. */
>> +#error Please avoid use of windowsx.h in Wine source code.
>> +#endif
>> +
> Why don't we fix the macros as suggested by Francois, rather than
> preventing its use? It seems like a big waste of time to have submitted
> all of the patches to the files using windowsx.h when fixing the macros
> is necessary for Winelib anyway.

There is one more solution that wasn't mentioned here. How about using a
form like:
It's a fix on the caller side, but it's really a minimal change and it
could be even done by a script.

BTW I agree that code like that looks ugly.