Easy applications to write automated tests for?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sun Mar 19 11:48:17 CST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 09:09 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> OK, I looked.  It has a big configure script.
> I tried running it under msys on wine, but that
> failed miserably.  So I guess it's not easy, offhand
> (big surprise).  I suppose there might be other ways
> to run parts of the mauve test suite on wine, but I'll pass for now.

I personally think this is a very exciting thing to get right.
Being able to run an emulation layer like msys/cygwin would
stress the hell out of the fundamental APIs, and would ensure
a solid implementation in Wine. Not to mention that:
  -- they are OSS, making debugging a bit easier
  -- they have _lots_ of tests that can be run automatically
  -- said tests could dramatically enhance and broaden the
     available regression tests we have

Adding to this mix stuff like Java can only extend coverage.
And we would be tapping into a huge barrage of tests.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.