opengl32: make the old code before the "sync the dibsection to its pixmap" patch be selectable at runtime

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sun Mar 19 13:59:31 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 11:47:14AM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> There's a new patch to try here:
>
> http://plan99.net/~mike/files/glteb.patch
>
> Does that work any better?

Well, to make this work better, one would need a two-tiered approach:

 = use thread-local variables to check if it's a 'special' buffer or not
   (like this patch does)

 = only do this check on GL APIs that actually modify or read from the frame
   buffer (basically stuff like glClear, glEnd, gl(Read|Write)Buffer, ...).

The last is easy to do for 'core' stuff, a bit harder for extensions though.
But anyway, this is mandatory if one day we want to fix the 'windowed'
OpenGL code properly (whatever the method we choose as long as we do not
have the GLX extension exporting the clip list feature to the application).

           Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/