function counting script, memcheck.sh

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 18:43:46 CST 2006

Attached is version 0.2 of this script, with a lot of additional
functionality. You will need to be able to write to /tmp and make a file
/tmp/grep to use the extended functionality (default functionality needs
none of that, and is unmodified.)

For those that are intested, you can fetch memcheck.sh from my project
CVS tree:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/overdose login
(when propted for a password, simply push enter)
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/overdose co
overdose
You'll find the memcheck.sh script in the CVS checkout. Could someone
tell me how to checkout just a single CVS file?

Anyways, there's the docs, which you should read (failure to do so will
get a reply of RTFM):

----------------------------------8<---------------------------------

memcheck.sh version 0.2 documentation

To change the functions searched for, edit the file's top line. make
sure all functions are space seperated and in quotes, to search for
recv() and send() make sure that top line looks like this:
FUNCTIONS="recv send";

Three are 2 command line arguments supported, they must be the only
argument and verbatim to work, yada yada.

 -l     List the line number with a code sample
 -C    Like above, but with context.

You need write access to /tmp to create, read, write and destroy files.

Your grep implementation needs to be GNU grep or you need to edit the
script. Most systems have given up using their own grep for GNU grep
cause GNU grep kicks ass.