[opengl] check drawable and context Visual IDs in wglMakeCurrent ()

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Fri Mar 24 03:08:17 CST 2006

Hi,
> maybe it was because of the earlier opengl patch 'Store GL context in
> TEB'. But I didn't notice such an increase then.. only from ~20 -> ~30fps
Hm.

Something increased the speed of half-life / counter strike drastically. It
isn't your patch, but some change that is in CVS already. The change is this:

Before half-life(non-steam) was running at 40-71 fps, depending on the
situation. Now it's runs at 70-71 fps constantly.

Counter-Strike 1.6(steam) ran at 60-71 fps before if there were no bots in the
game. Adding 8 bots(or maybe human players, didn't check that) made the fps
drop to 20 in many rendering situations. Now this doesn't happen any more,
the game runs at 60-71 fps in general, only if much players are visible, it
may drop down to 30 fps.

Jedi academy got a major speed boost too, but that's mostly because I
activated compressed textures in the game.

Btw, the card is a Radeon Mobility M9, with the dri driver from Xorg 7.0.