[opengl] Catch BadMatch errors before they can occur.

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Mar 24 13:48:16 CST 2006

Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 08:20:08PM +0100, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
>> When debugging opengl applications, I'm usually not interested in the
>> *Swap*Buffers() functions, but in context creation, pbuffers stuff etc.
>> It just writes unnecessary messages into the console. When debugging an
>> application that crashes after 10 minutes it makes the log very big. If
>> someone is interested in the *Swap*Buffers() functions, he still can
>> enable them, but for the majority of the cases its useless.
>
> Strange as there are 'opengl' TRACEs for ALL OpenGL functions and extensions
> so I would guess that those would vastly dwarf the SwapBuffer traces (except
> if you have an application that does not draw anything on screen and just
> does swapping its buffers :-) ).

That's what I also thought.. now it comes to my mind! I may have
compiled with with debug disabled and now with debug enabled make didn't
recompile the file with all the 'real' OpenGL functions.

so.. what about splitting 'opengl' up into 'opengl' (all the opengl
functions) and 'oglsetup' with the setup/wgl/pbuffer etc. functions ?

tom