Wine/Interix -- The pros and cons.

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Sat Mar 25 11:44:56 CST 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 22:26, Segin wrote:
> I was thinking about running Wine on Interix (the POSIX layer of
> Microsoft's Services for Unix). There are a few apparent unknows:
[. . .]

IIRC the POSIX layer that M$ implemented was there just to get government
contracts and it's supposedly not very useful for real development. Does
anyone have some hands-on experience with it?

Another thing is that you'd need an X server running on Windows to get
anything graphical. Not that it's a problem, just an observation.

Cheers, Kuba