ntdll: Fix SIGTRAP handling

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Mon Mar 27 09:16:50 CST 2006

Petr Tesarik <hat at tesarici.cz> writes:

> Oh, I forgot to mention another thing.  I didn't start all this for
> nothing.  I made my changes to raise_trap_exception() to make an
> existing application (Kindler Lexikon) work.

Sure, I'm not saying you did this for no reason. I just have the
feeling you are changing a lot of things that don't need to be
changed. This is a sensitive area of the code that a lot of apps
depend on, and we have to be very careful about making changes.

> [...]
> Pretty long, huh?

The thing is that all of this is necessary because you want to handle
a SIGTRAP sent with kill(). But obviously no Windows application is
going to send us a SIGTRAP; the only way this will happen is when we
do it ourselves in DebugBreakProcess, and there's nothing that says
that we can't use a different mechanism here if it works better. I'd
say that somehow reusing the existing SIGUSR1 support is probably a
better choice.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org