What is the reason to use GL_FRONT_LEFT in wglMakeCurrent()

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:17:30 CST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 05:05:23PM +0100, Huw D M Davies wrote:
> Ah right, glDrawBuffer alters the rendering state, that's bad.  We
> should presumably be calling glXSwapBuffers here (but only in the
> GLXPixmap case).

Which of course won't work either.

We need to find out what happens to the render state under Windows
when we make call wglMakeCurrent on a bitmap (I know that even with
the rendering state set for GL_BACK then the bitmap gets drawn on) and
whether we restore the rendering context when we switch back to using
some other dc afterwards.  We probably shouldn't do anything in the
pbuffer case (which is what's causing your problem I guess).

The big issue is that pbuffers and bitmap rendering are getting
confused all over the place.

Huw.
--
Huw Davies