Alexandre Julliard : x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:36:31 CST 2006

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Module: wine
> Branch: refs/heads/master
> Commit: db6608ac9f9bbc2ddd7f8bf201d1387d079dfd5f
>
> Author: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>
> Date:   Mon Mar 27 22:43:03 2006 +0200
>
> x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.
>
> Per-application desktop mode settings are no longer supported.  Apps
> can be launched in a specific desktop window by using:
>
>   explorer /desktop=name[,widthxheight] app.exe [args]
>
> If the named desktop already exists the app is launched inside it. The
> default desktop is cleverly named "default".

So if I understand this correctly all programs will share the same
desktop. Is it also true that I cannot specify in winecfg that one
program can run full screen and another in a desktop window.

If this is the case we will have a fair amount of crying over this one.

At the very least we need to put a note in winecfg. (preferabley befor
next release).

--

Tony Lambregts