Alexandre Julliard : x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.

Tom Spear (Dustin Booker, Dustin Navea) speeddymon at
Mon Mar 27 16:17:12 CST 2006

Tony Lambregts wrote:
> Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> Module: wine
>> Branch: refs/heads/master
>> Commit: db6608ac9f9bbc2ddd7f8bf201d1387d079dfd5f
>> Author: Alexandre Julliard <julliard at>
>> Date:   Mon Mar 27 22:43:03 2006 +0200
>> x11drv: Moved desktop mode handling to the explorer process.
>> Per-application desktop mode settings are no longer supported.  Apps
>> can be launched in a specific desktop window by using:
>>   explorer /desktop=name[,widthxheight] app.exe [args]
>> If the named desktop already exists the app is launched inside it. The
>> default desktop is cleverly named "default".
> So if I understand this correctly all programs will share the same
> desktop. Is it also true that I cannot specify in winecfg that one
> program can run full screen and another in a desktop window.
> If this is the case we will have a fair amount of crying over this one.
> At the very least we need to put a note in winecfg. (preferabley befor
> next release).
> --
> Tony Lambregts
Not in winecfg, but users can always modify their shortcuts to the
application to run wine with the /desktop command like shown above.
Doing it that way does conform to windows, so if users liked the old
way, unfortunately, they are outta luck..