Why winetools is utterly useless, once and for all.

Kai Blin blin at gmx.net
Tue Mar 28 04:54:56 CST 2006

* Segin <segin2005 at gmail.com> [27/03/06, 21:32:29]:
> There is one reason, inarguable (if you reply to this you have a IQ of
> 0) as to why WineTools is useless: Most of the WineTools 'magic' is in
> it's ~/.wine/config file, which Wine no longer uses/acknoleges, thefore,
> WineTools is utterly useless and has no point in existing AT ALL, PERIOD.

So, I seem to have an IQ of 0, but still I at least seem to be able to
use a mail client. Seems like these things really are easy to use these
days.

I haven't used winetools in a long while, but back when I did, I could
use it to run programs I couldn't run on plain wine myself. If I'm
running an older system, I can still use that exact version of wine a
winetools, and that program is still running. Could you explain on how
that gives it "no point in existing AT ALL, PERIOD"?

Could I assume that the 2.4 Linux Kernel I'm running on my router
doesn't have any point of existing, either, just because it's outdated?

Sheesh, if people spent as much time fixing winetools (or wine, for that
matter) as they did writing emails about why winetools is bad, this
discussion would be utterly useless and without a point AT ALL, PERIOD.

Kai

--
Kai Blin, (blin at gmx dot net)
Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.