Photoshop plugins in Gimp on Linux using Wine!

Dan Kegel dank at
Fri Mar 31 08:42:04 CST 2006

On 3/31/06, Dimi Paun <dimi at> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 22:46 -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
> >
> > Have a look.  Congratulations, Wine!
> This is really great! I wanted to do this some time ago,
> but without looking at GIMP, I thought that GIMP plugins
> are .so's which would have made it a lot harder. But since
> they are processes, simply recompiling with winegcc should
> do the trick. And indeed it does!
> We should start keeping track on the wiki (or the Winelib page)
> of these porting efforts.

FWIW, I have a page of success stories at
and I've added this to it.

Incidentally, the port of PSPI used winelib for no obvious reason.
Wouldn't it have been more robust just to use Wine?
- Dan

Wine for Windows ISVs: