Photoshop plugins in Gimp on Linux using Wine!

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Fri Mar 31 11:55:37 CST 2006

On Friday 31 March 2006 10:24, Dan Kegel wrote:

> > > But it is using wine, that's what Winelib does :)
[. . .]
> > If a distribution ships this and a matching copy of Wine,
> > and stays up to date, perhaps.
>
> A worse problem is that PSPI can't be built without
> a closed source, non-redistributable SDK (IIRC).

You're correct. Someone needs to start a project to write an open source
replacement for that SDK, then. I hope it's less of a job than say wine is :)
Probably whoever has that SDK could write documentation for the underlying
API, someone else would write the headers, link libs and whatever glue code
needed, and would post it under BSD or somesuch.

Cheers, Kuba