Mike Hearn mike at
Fri Mar 31 15:16:21 CST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:21:51 +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> IMHO we should really add some smart detection of SCHED_ISO kernel capability
> and *much* prefer to use that one then. One really wouldn't want to hang
> the box...

Sure, feel free to add it after this basic universal support has gone in
:) Right now SCHED_ISO is only available in the -ck kernels right?

> Not to mention that SCHED_FIFO requires root, which is an absolute PITA.

Not really.

  su -c 'wine IG2.exe'

It's not all that inconvenient :)

> Nice To Have would be support for stuff such as SCHED_IDLEPRIO and

Sure. But for now this will start off OK.

> Make that
> 	static int already_warned; /* static: = 0! */
> Since static uses 0 as default and you don't want to waste space in the
> .bss(?) segment for an explicit 1 init.

Good catch. Alexandre, could you modify that as you commit?

thanks -mike