Summer of Code Project: DirectPlay

"Alexander N. Sørnes" alex at thehandofagony.com
Mon May 1 07:23:46 CDT 2006

Adam Luchjenbroers skrev:

>>What Windows version would you be interested in?
>>

>At this point, I should probably mention that while I have a great interest in
>seeing DirectPlay working, I have relatively little time to work on it. I'm
>doing my investigations here and there, and if no-one picks up on this I'll
>probably work on it with what small amount of time I have free.
>
>So I'm touched by the offer, but you'd be better off offering that to someone
>who is more commited to the project. If however, you still want to offer me a
>valid Windows license, pretty much anything from 98 onwards should be fine
>(except NT4, and preferably not ME).

Well, it is not actually that expensive.  I'll buy a factory-sealed OEM
version on eBay, accompanied by a piece of hardware, making it legal.
It will probably be Windows XP Professional.  If anyone else comes
along, I could probably find something for them, too. :)
Send me your full name and address if you are interested.