PATCH: [0/4] Splitting TWAIN_32 and adding gphoto driver
marcus at jet.franken.de
Mon May 1 09:04:43 CDT 2006
This series of patches splits up the sane specific parts of
twain_32 into the controller part (twain_32) and sane specific
driver part (sane.ds). It also implements a working gphoto
TWAIN itself has a concept of:
- DSM / Data Source Manager ... A controller that manages
the datasources and their lifetimes.
This was and is still found in twain_32.dll
- DS / Data Source(s) ... A multitude of datasources, usually
per camera / scanner drivers found in %windir%/TWAIN_32/ and
Up to now this was also in twain_32.dll, but this series
splits it out.
- sane.ds: The old twain_32.dll sane code split off from twain_32.dll.
- gphoto.ds: New gphoto importer code, originating from the old sane.ds
- Autodetection has been moved from twain_32.dll to the drivers.
-> twain_32.dll itself is no longer dependend on libsane and actually
has only minimal knowledge of sane and gphoto2 (the driver names ;)
- Detection of multiple devices is in the DG_CONTROL/DAT_IDENTITY/MSG_GET
calls of sane.ds and gphoto2.ds. A little hidden channel detects multiple
scanners / cameras by calling above function multiple times.
The code is ready for WINE inclusion (tm).
More information about the wine-devel