Dogfood report: Firefox autoupdate works

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed May 3 14:42:56 CDT 2006

On Wed, 03 May 2006 14:37:55 -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:
> It may be, I haven't used Konqy in many years (5+).
> Nonetheless, FF is the main non-IE browser, I'm happy
> is now fast for doing this, it's sad it took so long
> to get there.

True, but on the other hand the engineering required to make this work is
considerable. The "bfcache" was a major 1.5 piece of work ... it basically
caches the DOM/calculated layout trees or something like that, which can
go really weird on pages that expect to be reset when users navigate to
them. There's tons of hairy logic involved in not breaking web pages when
you optimize out the page refresh :(