D3D Pixel/Vertex shader discussion (for shader model 2.0+)

Jason Green jave27 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 13:26:57 CDT 2006

Quite a few of us in #winehackers have been discussing and working on
pixel and vertex shaders for the last month or so.  However, due to
time zone differences, we don't always get to participate in the
discussions, so it's tough to keep track of who's doing what and what
the real game plan is.  So, I've started a rough draft of our roadmap
for GLSL implementation here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/DirectX-Shaders

If you've been part of these shader discussions recently or even have
at least a vague understanding of how this stuff works in wined3d,
please take a look at that page and make any modifications as you see
fit.

I plan on working on (and hopefully finishing) the GenerateShader()
merge mentioned on that page tonight or tomorrow.  With luck, we can
begin implementing GLSL very soon and supporting the shaders correctly
on newer DirectX games.