Tiny patch for dib.c

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu May 4 17:04:51 CDT 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006, leslie.polzer at gmx.net wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:16:10PM +0900, Mike McCormack wrote:
>
>> Maybe you can investigate how we can get a DIB with bmBitsPixel <= 8
>> and (biClrUsed > 256 or bcBitCount>8) ?
>
> I'm not an expert on this, but I supposed the application called it with
> an off-by-one value of 257?  Do you think the problem could be with
> Wine?

I think Mike's idea is to check whether it could be a Wine bug that
causes the application to pass us an invalid value (e.g. some API
returning 256 instead of 255 or some such). This happens sometimes and
then we would want to fix the original bug.

However, as Dmitry said, this might also be a simple application bug. If
you can add a conformance test to check how Windows behaves in this
situation it could also help clarify things (apologies if your patch
already contained such a test).

                      f u kn rd ts, ur wy 2 gky 4 ur wn gd.