Who is responsible to start up a Wineconsole

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 8 09:56:11 CDT 2006

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> on XP, Program->Execute->(../system32/)telnet.exe starts up a Console.
> "wine telnet.exe" on the command line however silently terminates, as the
> call to GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo returns an empty
> LPCONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO structure.
>
> Shouldn't wine start up some wineconsole in that circumstances as XP does?
never guess what windows explorer does in your back...
- the right test sequence would be from a program where we know how
CreateProcess is called
- wine behaves AFAIK as windows: it only creates a console when it's
asked to (either because of a specific flag in CreateProcess(), or by
calling AllocConsole()).

your issue could also from a bad error / return value from
GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo() when no console is attached

A+
--
Eric Pouech