What arguments to use to call winemenubuilder by hand?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 9 08:12:29 CDT 2006

Hallo,

the error
> err:menubuilder:extract_icon32 LoadLibraryExW\
> (L"C:\\altera\\quartus60\\win\\quartus.exe") failed, error 126
with varying file targets seems to be a common one. The one above happened
with the current 0.9.12 and Altera's quartusii_60_web_edition.exe, running
with XP-native ole32,oleaut32 and rpcrt4. Without these native dlls,
installation hangs at an early stage.

"Error 126" is
> include/winerror.h:#define ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND 126
so I guess that winemenubuilder is invoked in an too early stage where the
executables are not already deployed.

I tried to decipher, what is calling winemenubuilder and when, but did't succeed.
Google also wasn't a big help.

Can anyone give a short explanation?

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de