What arguments to use to call winemenubuilder by hand?

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue May 9 08:35:34 CDT 2006

Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 7:12:29 AM, Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> Hallo,

> the error
>> err:menubuilder:extract_icon32 LoadLibraryExW\
>> (L"C:\\altera\\quartus60\\win\\quartus.exe") failed, error 126
> with varying file targets seems to be a common one. The one above happened
> with the current 0.9.12 and Altera's quartusii_60_web_edition.exe, running
> with XP-native ole32,oleaut32 and rpcrt4. Without these native dlls,
> installation hangs at an early stage.

> "Error 126" is
>> include/winerror.h:#define ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND 126
> so I guess that winemenubuilder is invoked in an too early stage where the
> executables are not already deployed.

It's misleading. It first tries to extract icon from file as PE. Then it
tries that file as an .ico file. If that fails, it queues itself into
RunOnce to be started by wineboot.

But it looks like something really broke that part. We now trying to
create links to "c:\"c:\Program Files\Prog\App.exe"". Which wasn't the
case before.

That's on top of lots of other problems that are still exists in
winemenubuilder and still not fixed.

Vitaliy.