PBuffer and wglMakeCurrent()

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Wed May 10 01:10:30 CDT 2006

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> What we probably want is to move a lot more of the glX code into
> x11drv, and export the various wgl functions from there. That escape
> mechanism is beginning to be seriously abused.

Even is the functions were implemented in x11drv.. wglMakeCurrent()
still takes a HDC as an argument so the issue how to change the
X11DRV_DEVICE given a HDC would remain. The escape mechanism seems to be
the only way to communicate with the low-level x11drv implementation, or
did I miss something?
As far as I understand, the only way to access x11drv is through GDI
(which implements ExtEscape), would your proposed change require new
functions for opengl32 <-> x11drv communication through GDI? Or is it
somehow possible to bypass GDI and access x11drv directly from opengl32?

tom