PBuffer and wglMakeCurrent()

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu May 11 04:44:55 CDT 2006

Tomas Carnecky <tom at dbservice.com> writes:

> Even is the functions were implemented in x11drv.. wglMakeCurrent()
> still takes a HDC as an argument so the issue how to change the
> X11DRV_DEVICE given a HDC would remain. The escape mechanism seems to be
> the only way to communicate with the low-level x11drv implementation, or
> did I miss something?
> As far as I understand, the only way to access x11drv is through GDI
> (which implements ExtEscape), would your proposed change require new
> functions for opengl32 <-> x11drv communication through GDI? Or is it
> somehow possible to bypass GDI and access x11drv directly from opengl32?

The DC access will have to be done through GDI, yes, but that can be a
simple wrapper that calls the corresponding driver entry point. For
functions that don't need to access the DC, opengl could call x11drv
directly, though of course if everything goes through GDI it will make
it easier to support opengl with a different driver.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org