Valgrind warning cleanup...

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sun May 14 13:06:27 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 01:36:54PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:

> There's another valgrind warning that is much more understandable, and
> I'm sending an obvious fix for it to wine-patches. (My first patch
> missed one instance, so I'm resending.) I'd appreciate it if you could
> check that one, too. - Dan
Sorry for taking a bit of time.  Here goes:

> + memset( ldtent, 0, sizeof(*ldtent) );       /* Keep valgrind happy */
I'd never do anything like that (i.e. doing something where you have to
put a comment besides that it's there to please lint, valgrind or what
else code checkers there are (compilers excluded for obvious reasons).

> +	    /* memset above already cleared *ldtent */
Isn't this obvious?

> +    *entry = null_entry;    /* Keep valgrind happy */
This one is an exception.  It replaces the two lines removed in context
and makes the code more readable -- the comment does therefore not
describe the benefits accurately and should IMO be removed.

  All the best,

    Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/