Usability after 0.9.10

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu May 18 13:17:54 CDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Wei-Tsun Sun <wsun013.wine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have loved wine since I started using linux, but I have found that the programs/games that I can run
> by wine 0.9.10, can't be run afterward. Not all of the programs, but ones which are more relevant to the
> uses of mulltimedia, such as games, or even skype and winamp which can be executed perfectly before.
>
> Dont get me wrong, this is not a complain, I just wonder if anyone has encountered the same problem as I do.
> If so, I will just wait for later releases of wine and stay with 0.9.10. If not, I will need to find solutions such as
> settings.

It would help the developers out tremendously if you would run
regression tests to find out which commit broke your app.  Sadly we
don't have enough time in the day to run a wide range of apps to see
if they break, so we need the user's help if their app breaks.  See:

http://winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/x1348
http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine (Section 6.1 Regression Testing)

Thanks,
James Hawkins