First Patch - Request for Help

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 20 02:42:51 CDT 2006

Andrew Talbot wrote:
> I submitted my first patch yesterday (a janitorial patch to fix a missing
> declaration), but it looks like it didn't make the grade. I would be grateful
> for some seasoned advice on how to bring it up to the standard, please.
Andrew,

I think (from the other emails you sent me) you should do the patches in
this order:
- const string handling
- function prototypes which are intented to be (void) and declared as
(). Beware, that a few of them should be kept as () and shouldn't be
changed into (void)
- missing prototypes for some functions. This one is trickier,
especially for internal/hidden prototypes, for which we don't want to
publish them (debug_init() being one of them)

A+
--
Eric Pouech