Shell32 version (DllGetVersion) enhancement ideea

Dragos dragosmg at yahoo.ca
Wed May 24 13:15:32 CDT 2006

  Hi,

  Thanks Robert for the reply. I will not touch
version.h then.

  I investigated a bit more and the problem is a bit
more complex. The call that matters for my problem is
GetFileVersionInfo wich does not use DllGetVersion.
Changing DllGetVersion won't have an impact on it.

  GetFileVersionInfo reads the resource DWORDs to get
the info. That means we can have only one hardcoded
version for shell32. Am I wrong?

  Any thoughts? Any ideeas? It would be very usefull
to have this info offered depending on the context of
the requester. Else wine's shell32 will be only one
hardcoded version.

  Thanks,

  Dragos