bug irony - bug in firefox or xorg

paul pgr at arcelectronicsinc.com
Fri May 26 14:52:04 CDT 2006

EA Durbin wrote:
> While browsing the bug database I discovered a bug, in which my x server
> crashes when i use the side horizontal scrollbar in firefox. I was
> browsing this attachment in firefox
>
> http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=2517&action=view
>
> Can anyone replicate this bug?, I'm not sure whether to submit this bug
> to firefox or xorg. It crashes at the same point every time, when I try
> to use the horizontal scrollbar on this page. I opened firefox in the
> console and output the text to a file, upon logging back in to x i
> opened this file and had a message saying firefox lost the x session. I
> don't know if the bug resides in firefox or X?

I have been told that an app can't crash X. So it is an X driver bug. I
had frequent X crashes under wine gcad and other programs. my uinichrome
built in hardware did not work with the xorg latest driver for it. I
replaced with a Geforce fx 5200 and all is stable except ctrl alt +=
does not zoom with the nvidia drivers but opengl works but I only have
1280x1024 resolution on a 17" LCD. Non nvidia drivers offer many
resolutions but opengl does not function.

File an xorg bug.
Paul