AppBar support

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Mon May 29 12:14:07 CDT 2006

Hello!

I plan to add proper SHAppBarMessage support in wine. I'm using as base
some old code I've written to extend Win32s so it shouldn't be very
difficult.

I have however to choose a window to manage all appbars. It will have to
receive WM_COPYDATA messages, much like currently Shell_NotifyIcon does
with "Shell_TrayWnd". Obviously it has to reside somewhere in the
explorer.exe as it's shared among running programs.

The most obvious choice would be to use the desktop window itself as its
geometry has to be used anyway. I am however afraid that programs may
blindly send a WM_COPYDATA to it, so an option may be to create another,
invisible window.

What do you think about this? Do you know many applications that use the
desktop window as an universal junk receiver? The /dev/null of the GUI
world ;-)

Regards,

Paul Chitescu