Release Information on Fedora Extras!

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Mon May 29 17:41:44 CDT 2006

On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:58:28 -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> Well, that is not totally correct. Usually about a week after Wine Project
> releases a version, Fedora Extras updates to the newest version!

For a distributor-run repository that is impressive, however it is worth
pointing out that as Wine releases a new snapshot every 2 weeks at present
the lag present in Extras is still significant relative to overall release
time. It'd really be better to move Wine packaging upstream for Fedora,
like we used to do. I don't see what the benefit of Extras is from the
upstream perspective, except that it's a bit more convenient for users as
they don't have to add a repo (something easily solvable with technology).

thanks -mike