Wine 1.0 Tasks

Dan Kegel dank at
Mon May 29 23:01:46 CDT 2006

If you look at you'll see a link on the left hand side
called "1.0 Tasks", which lists the 1.0 bugs being tracked in bugzilla.
Here's the URL it links to

I suspect a few of these are stale, and a bunch others are missing,
but I like the idea of using bugzilla to track our progress to 1.0.

What other bugs should be fixed before 1.0?  Let's nominate
a few bugs to add to the 1.0 task list, discuss them a bit, and see
what Alexandre thinks.

For instance:
I'd like one goal of 1.0 to be "make Windows developers take Wine seriously."
To achieve that, I think 1.0 has to support at least some Microsoft development
tools well, including their IDEs and debuggers.  It's probably unreasonable to
require 1.0 to support .NET, so maybe supporting the last pre-.NET versions of
Visual C++ (6.2?) and Visual Basic (6.0?) would be a good goal.  And I don't
think it's that unreasonable anymore; Wine is pretty close to being able to do
that.  What do y'all think?
- Dan

Wine for Windows ISVs: